- 3 cups Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and grated
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons NYSHUK l’ekama
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil, for frying
- Plain yogurt, l’ekama and parsley leaves, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, cover the grated Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes with cold water to rinse. Drain well and squeeze out as much water as you can. Place in another bowl and add the onion and squeeze again if the mixture doesn’t seem dry. Add the l’ekama, salt, eggs and flour and mix well.
Heat oil in a 12-inch frying pan. Add half of the latke mixture and spread it in an even layer. Cook until crisp and golden on the bottom. Flip the latke and cook until crisp and lightly browned on the other side and tender in the center. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining latke mixture.
Drizzle the latkes with l’ekama and garnish with parsley. Serve warm, with yogurt.