- 1 1/4 cups finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 Thai chile, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cheese in a thin layer on the paper, forming a 12-inch round. Bake for about 8 minutes, until melted and light golden. Carefully transfer the frico on the parchment to a rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and season with salt. Mix well and serve with the frico.
The salsa can be made up to 3 hours ahead.
Wine: Aromatic Italian red.