German Breakfast Pancake
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
This simple eggy pancake with a crisp edge rises in the skillet like an oversize popover. It’s typically eaten for breakfast (directly from the skillet), but fast enough to whip up for dessert after dinner.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- Toasted sliced almonds, for serving
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the milk, eggs, granulated sugar and salt. Remove the skillet from the oven. Add the butter and swirl to melt, then pour in the batter. Return the skillet to the oven and bake the pancake until set and the edges are browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Top with the berries and almonds, dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.