Georgian Grilled-Tomato Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 large jalapeño
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Light a grill. Grill the tomatoes and jalapeño over high heat, turning, until charred, 4 minutes. Halve the jalapeño and discard the stem and seeds. Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Transfer the jalapeño and tomatoes to a food processor. Add the onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.