- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 large jalapeño
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. Grill the tomatoes and jalapeño over high heat, turning, until charred, 4 minutes. Halve the jalapeño and discard the stem and seeds. Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Transfer the jalapeño and tomatoes to a food processor. Add the onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.