- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves (5 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- MAKE THE FILLING In a food processor, pulse the flour with the salt and sugar. Add the butter and pulse several times until it's the size of small peas. Sprinkle on the ice water and pulse just until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Turn the pastry onto a work surface and gather it into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- MAKE THE FILLING Preheat the oven to 350°. Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 13-inch round. Ease the pastry into a 9-inch glass pie plate and trim the overhang to 1/2 inch. Fold the overhang under itself and crimp decoratively. Refrigerate until firm.
- MAKE THE FILLING In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and salt. Whisk in the light and dark corn syrups, butter and vanilla until combined. Stir in the pecans. Pour the filling into the pie shell and arrange the pecans in a decorative pattern. Cover the rim of the pie with foil strips and bake the pie for 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the filling is puffed but still slightly jiggly. Remove the foil strips and let the pie cool completely before serving.