© David Loftus
Gemelli with Shrimp and Green Peppercorns
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 pound gemelli or fusilli
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon brined green peppercorns, drained
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the gemelli until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the garlic, shallot and peppercorns and cook over moderately high heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the brandy and use a long match to ignite it. When the flames die down, add the clam juice and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, season with salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the shrimp are just white throughout, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the gemelli, add it to the shrimp and peppercorn sauce and toss well. Stir in the parsley and olive oil and season with salt. Spoon the pasta into bowls and serve.