- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or rum
- Orange slices and fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a nonreactive medium saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Add the sugar and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is completely dissolved; don't let it boil. Stir in the orange juice and liqueur. Pour the mixture into 4 small bowls, ramekins or wine glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- If using bowls or ramekins, dip the bottoms in warm water for 30 seconds. Run a small knife around the sides of each mold and invert onto small plates. Garnish with orange slices and mint and serve.
One Serving Calories 213 kcal, Protein 4 gm, Carbohydrate 47 gm, Cholesterol 0, Total Fat .4 gm, Saturated Fat .1 gm