- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, tough stems trimmed, large mushrooms halved
- 3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps quartered
- 1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 pound enoki mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- Heat 2 large skillets over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to each skillet and heat until shimmering. Add half of the oyster, shiitake, chanterelle and enoki mushrooms to each skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook without stirring until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Stir and cook until browned all over, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook until all of the mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to 1 of the skillets and heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over low heat until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Add the sherry and bring to a simmer; pour over the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve the mushrooms warm or at room temperature.