- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 cup
Cooks throughout the Middle and Near East serve this creamy, garlicky condiment as a sauce for grilled lamb. It is also wonderful with chicken or swordfish.
More Terrific Condiments
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a blender, puree the garlic with the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt and pepper until smooth. If the sauce appears thick, add a little more water. Scrape the sauce into a bowl, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated for 1 week. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
Serve WithTurkish Shish Kebabs with Garlicky Tahini