- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a blender, puree the garlic with the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt and pepper until smooth. If the sauce appears thick, add a little more water. Scrape the sauce into a bowl, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
The sauce can be refrigerated for 1 week. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.