- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 large shrimp (4 pounds), shelled and deveined
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarsely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Crusty baguettes, for serving
How to make this recipe
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the minced garlic and cook over low heat until the garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, turning often, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
Add the white wine to the skillet and simmer over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Return the shrimp and their juices to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve at once, with bread.
Play off the citrus and garlic notes of the shrimp with an herby Sauvignon Blanc-based wine from the Bordeaux appellation Entre-Deux-Mers.