Garlicky Shrimp Tacos
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound cooked and peeled small bay shrimp
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 8 taco shells or warmed 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 Hass avocados, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- Salsa and lime wedges, for serving
- In a bowl, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with hot water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, pat dry and finely chop.
- In a small bowl, combine the thyme, marjoram, tarragon, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the fresh and sun-dried tomatoes and the herb mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the shrimp and cilantro and cook until the shrimp are just heated through.
- Fill the taco shells with the shrimp mixture and top with the diced avocados. Alternatively, fill the warmed tortillas with the shrimp and avocados and fold in half. Serve the tacos at once, with salsa and lime wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.