- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy pimentón de la Vera (hot smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- In a large pot, cover the fingerling potatoes with 2 inches of salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and green beans to the pot and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the pimentón and a large pinch of salt and remove from the heat.
- Drain the vegetables well and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with salt and drizzle with the garlic oil. Sprinkle with the vinegar, toss well and serve.
F&W topping variations
Saute capers in olive oil with chopped red onion and fresh thyme.
Saute minced fresh lemongrass in vegetable oil with garlic chives and chopped basil; finish with a splash of soy sauce.
Saute shallots in olive oil; add white wine vinegar and cream and simmer until thickened. Add chopped fresh tarragon.