Garlicky Potatoes, Green Beans and Cauliflower
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
“We always need to remember that many people in need, whether here or overseas, don’t have the freedom of time,” says José Andrés. “But if you have some potatoes, green beans and cauliflower, you have a heck of a dish that can feed an entire family with just a tiny bit of work.”
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy pimentón de la Vera (hot smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- In a large pot, cover the fingerling potatoes with 2 inches of salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and green beans to the pot and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the pimentón and a large pinch of salt and remove from the heat.
- Drain the vegetables well and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with salt and drizzle with the garlic oil. Sprinkle with the vinegar, toss well and serve.
F&W topping variations
- Sauté capers in olive oil with chopped red onion and fresh thyme.
- Sauté minced fresh lemongrass in vegetable oil with garlic chives and chopped basil; finish with a splash of soy sauce.
- Sauté shallots in olive oil; add white wine vinegar and cream and simmer until thickened. Add chopped fresh tarragon.