- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 ounces baby spinach (4 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- One 1/2-pound baking potato, peeled and sliced, on a mandoline, 1/16 inch
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. Butter an 8-by-12-inch baking dish. In a glass measuring cup, combine the cream with 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the baby spinach and minced garlic and cook over moderately high heat, tossing, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
Spread the potato slices in the baking dish and cover with the spinach. Pour the cream over the top and shake the dish to distribute evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the top and bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned, bubbling and the potatoes are tender. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.