Garlicky Grilled Shrimp
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Marcella Valladolid keeps her grilled shrimp simple but super-tasty, marinating it quickly in a mix of garlic, onion, white wine and lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Light a grill. In a bowl, mix the 1 tablespoon of oil with the onion, garlic, wine, lime juice and parsley. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the bowl; rub with the marinade and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp onto 4 skewers and rub the butter all over the shrimp. Oil the grate. Grill the shrimp over moderate heat, basting with the marinade and turning, until just cooked through, 7 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.