Garlicky Eggplant Puree with Crumbled Feta
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
A topping of finely chopped garlic mixed with parsley and crumbled feta cheese turns this silken eggplant puree into an exquisite salad.
- Two 1-pound eggplants
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a baking sheet, roast the eggplants, turning once, until they are very soft and blackened, about 1 hour. Let cool slightly.
- Slash the eggplants lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop the pulp into a strainer. Let drain for 10 minutes, shaking the strainer occasionally.
- On a work surface, finely chop the parsley with the garlic. Transfer the eggplant pulp to a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add three-fourths of the parsley mixture, and season with salt and pepper and pulse just until blended. Transfer the eggplant to a bowl and stir in three-quarters of the feta. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley mixture and feta, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.