Garlicky Chile Pickles
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus overnight pickling
- SERVINGS: makes 1 quart
The longer these pickles sit, the spicier they get. If you prefer a milder version, remove the seeds from the chiles before adding them to the jar.
- 4 Kirby cucumbers, cut lengthwise into eighths
- 2 each Holland red and yellow chiles, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pickling spice
- Pack the cucumbers, standing upright, into a 1-quart mason jar. Tuck the chiles and garlic in all around. In a small saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, salt and pickling spice to a boil. Slowly pour the hot liquid into the jar. Close the lid and refrigerate overnight.
Make AheadThe pickles can be refrigerated in the tightly closed mason jar for up to 2 weeks.