Garlicky Cherry Tomato and Bread Gratin
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
The cherry tomatoes in Jacques Pépin's simple gratin add color to a winter menu and hold their shape well during cooking.
- One 5-ounce piece of day-old French baguette with crust, cut into 1-inch cubes (5 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds small cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly oil a 10-inch ceramic quiche dish. In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, parsley, Parmigiano-Reggiano and salt and pepper. Scrape the mixture into the baking dish and bake in the center of the oven for 35 minutes, or until the bread cubes are browned and crisp and the tomatoes are very tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.