- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Jason Travi recommends using a peppery olive oil to sauté the blanched Broccolini with the garlic and crushed red pepper. The recipe is delicious with a variety of other vegetables as well, such as cauliflower, snap peas or green beans.
- 2 pounds Broccolini (about 4 bunches)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the Broccolini and cook until bright green and barely crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- In a very large skillet, heat the olive oil with the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Increase the heat to high, add the Broccolini and toss to coat with the oil. Add the reserved cooking water and toss occasionally, until the Broccolini is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and transfer to a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.