- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- One 19-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Six 3-ounce hot Italian chicken sausages
- Fill a large, deep skillet with water and bring to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and the broccoli rabe, cover and cook over high heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain the broccoli rabe in a colander, shaking off the excess water.
- Wipe out the skillet. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, beans, stock and olives and simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sausages and cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Mound the broccoli rabe and beans on plates, top with the sausages and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.