Garlicky Artichoke and Savoy Cabbage Sauté
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This easy vegetable side dish makes use of precooked artichokes, which are sold Cryovaced at many supermarkets.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage (1 pound), cored and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- One 6-ounce package cooked artichoke hearts (see Note)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parley
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the cabbage and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and golden in spots, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Squeeze one lemon wedge over the cabbage. Stir in the parsley and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the remaining lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.