- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage (1 pound), cored and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- One 6-ounce package cooked artichoke hearts (see Note)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parley
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the cabbage and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and golden in spots, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Squeeze one lemon wedge over the cabbage. Stir in the parsley and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the remaining lemon wedges.
The best precooked artichokes are sold Cryovaced in the produce section at many supermarkets. One brand we like is Monterey Farms ArtiHearts Fresh Natural Artichokes.