- 160 grams (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) cornstarch
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) potato starch
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) rice flour, plus more for dusting
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) millet flour
- 53 grams (1/2 cup) golden flaxseed meal
- 27 grams (1/4 cup) raw organic rice protein powder, such as Growing Naturals
- 18 grams (2 tablespoons) psyllium husk powder
- 10 grams (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 9 grams (1 1/2 teaspoons) salt
- 3 grams (1 teaspoon) xanthan gum
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- One 8.75-gram package active dry yeast, such as Hodgson Mill
- 500 milligrams vitamin C powder
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for brushing
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make the dough In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with the whisk, mix the cornstarch with the potato starch, the 80 grams of rice flour, the millet flour, flaxseed meal, rice protein powder, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, granulated sugar, yeast and vitamin C powder.
- Make the dough Fit the mixer with the paddle attachment, and with the machine at low speed add the water, eggs and 2 tablespoons of melted butter until combined. Increase the speed to medium and beat the dough for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic filling In a small bowl, combine the garlic, parsley and butter.
- Make the garlic butter In a small bowl, mix the butter with the garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Make the garlic butter On a piece of parchment paper lightly dusted with rice flour, roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thick, 10-by-14-inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Make the garlic butter Transfer the dough and parchment paper to a baking sheet. Using scissors, make a small cut in the top of each piece and stuff each slit with some of the garlic filling. Cover the stuffed dough loosely with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Make the garlic butter Preheat the oven to 375º. Brush the rolls generously with the garlic butter and bake for about 30 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let cool slightly then transfer to a wire rack until ready to serve.