- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons and chilled
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender, add the soy sauce and puree.
- Return the garlic-soy mixture to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the chilled butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it is incorporated and the sauce is smooth. Return the pan to the heat now and then to keep the sauce hot enough to melt the butter but do not let it boil. Season generously with pepper.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.