- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup sliced guindilla peppers
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Crusty bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large heavy skillet until shimmering. Add the shrimp and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until bright pink, about 3 minutes. While gently shaking the skillet, add the guindilla peppers, garlic and parsley. Sprinkle the flour over the shrimp and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until a light sauce forms, about 3 minutes longer. Season with salt. Spoon the shrimp and sauce onto 4 small plates and serve with crusty bread.
A light, fresh white from Rioja or the Basque region will counter the spiciness of this simple dish without overpowering the flavors.