- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Spanish
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- 1 whole dried chile, such as árbol or guindilla
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, 2 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt. Add the shrimp and chile to the skillet and cook until the shrimp are golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and add the brandy; cook until the shrimp are white throughout, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Stir in the parsley, transfer to a platter and serve.
Pair this dish with a crisp, strawberry-scented Spanish ros?.