- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Curtis Stone makes a fragrant garlic-rosemary oil, which he brushes onto the dough before baking and serves as a dip for the flatbreads that come fresh out of the oven.
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 medium rosemary sprig
- 1 large garlic clove
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- MAKE THE OIL In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil, shallot, rosemary and garlic and cook over low heat until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely, then season with salt and pepper.
- MAKE THE FLATBREADS Very lightly grease a small baking sheet with the garlic-rosemary oil. In a small bowl, whisk the warm water with the yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk 2 teaspoons of the garlic-rosemary oil into the yeast mixture.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour with the salt. With the machine on, drizzle in the yeast mixture until the dough just starts to come together. Scrape the dough onto a work surface and knead until smooth. Cut the dough into 4 pieces and formthem into balls, then transfer them to the prepared baking sheet. Brush lightly with the garlic-rosemary oil. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let stand in a warm spot until nearly doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 500° and set a pizza stone on the lowest rack. On a lightly floured work surface, roll two of the dough balls out to 11-by-5-inch ovals and transfer to a lightly floured pizza peel. Lightly brush the dough with the garlic-rosemary oil and slide the breads onto the hot stone. Bake for about 3 minutes, until lightly golden and just risen. Transfer the breads to a towel to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining dough. Serve the flatbreads with the remaining garlic-rosemary oil. make ahead The flatbreads can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.