- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium leek, white and light-green parts only, washed well and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring the quinoa, water and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa has fully absorbed the water, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the leeks and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, and pour leek mixture into a large serving bowl. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm as a side dish or on its own.
The quinoa can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, then rewarmed on the stove top with 1/4 cup of water.