- 9 unpeeled garlic cloves
- One 19-ounce can of drained, rinsed chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons water
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 lightly beaten large egg white
- Chili powder
- Loosely wrap 9 unpeeled garlic cloves in foil. Bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes, or until the garlic is softened. Let cool slightly. Leave the oven on.
- In a food processor, combine a 19-ounce can of drained, rinsed chickpeas with 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste), 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin and 2 tablespoons of water. Add the pulp from the roasted garlic cloves and puree until smooth.
- Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with vegetable oil cooking spray. Cut 20 wonton wrappers diagonally in half to form triangles. Arrange the triangles on the baking sheets, brush with 1 lightly beaten large egg white and dust with a sprinkling of chili powder. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Gently turn over and bake for about 2 minutes longer, or until crisp. Let cool, then serve with the hummus.
NotesOne Hors d'Oeuvre Calories 27 kcal, Total Fat .7 gm, Saturated Fat .1 gm.