- 1 pound Japanese eggplant
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus extra for brushing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (basil, thyme, oregano)
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions, to garnish
How to make this recipe
Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut into 3-inch long pieces.
In a large bowl mix together the vegetable oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar, mustard, herbs and black pepper. Toss the eggplant in the marinade.
Heat the grill, and when hot, brush the grill with oil. Place the eggplant directly on the grill, grilling both sides for 3-5 minutes each.
After grilling brush the eggplants with additional marinade or season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions and serve.