- 3 large heads of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 large thyme sprigs
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a small enameled cast-iron casserole, cover the garlic cloves, thyme sprigs and bay leaf with the olive and canola oils. Transfer the casserole to the oven and braise for 50 minutes, until the garlic is very tender. Season with salt and pepper and let cool. Discard the herbs.
- Transfer the garlic and its cooking oil to a clean, resealable jar and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.