Garlic Bread "Fries" with Marinara "Ketchup"
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 to 10
In this imaginative party snack, addictive garlicky bread sticks and marinara sauce resemble french fries and ketchup.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large baguette, split and halved
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the parsley.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up, and spoon the garlic butter on top. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes. Light the broiler and broil for 1 minute, just until golden. Cut the bread into 1/2-inch “fries” and serve in paper cones, with the marinara on the side.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.