- 8 whole chicken legs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
How to make this recipe
Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper. In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chicken, potato wedges and garlic cloves and cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the chicken is browned all over, about 10 minutes. Add the wine to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bay leaf. Cover and simmer over moderate heat until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes and garlic are tender, about 25 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and potatoes to a platter and keep warm. Simmer the sauce until thickened, about 4 minutes; discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, pour it over the chicken and serve.