- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices firm white bread, crusts removed, bread cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 pound fresh lump crabmeat, picked over (3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the bread in an even layer and cook over moderately low heat, without turning, until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Stir and cook for 1 minute longer. Push the croutons to the side. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir the croutons with the flavored oil. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in the eggs. Remove from the heat and stir in the crabmeat and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, ladle into bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.