- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
This herbal take on a traditional cooler called the Rickey (spirit, lime and seltzer) combines celery and cucumber with aquavit, a clear Scandinavian spirit flavored with caraway and other botanicals. Kathy Casey suggests mixing in locally sourced honey, which lends the cocktail an additional layer of flavor and helps support the "bee'vironment."
- Two 1/2-inch celery rib, plus 1 small leafy celery rib from the heart for garnish
- Three 1/4-inch-thick cucumber wheels, plus 1 cucumber slice for garnish
- 1 ounce aquavit
- 1 ounce gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup (1 tablespoon honey mixed with 1/2 tablespoon warm water)
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled club soda
- In a shaker, muddle the 2 celery slices and 3 cucumber wheels. Add the aquavit, gin, lime juice and honey syrup; fill with ice and shake vigorously. Fine strain into a chilled ice-filled collins glass, stir in the soda and garnish with the celery rib and cucumber slice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.