- 1 heaping teaspoon smashed cardamom pods
- 1 heaping teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon crumbled mace
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 liter aged rum
- 2 or 3 fresh curry leaves (optional)
- In a skillet, combine the seeds and spices and toast over moderate heat, shaking the skillet constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Carefully add the hot spices to the rum along with the curry leaves. Cover and refrigerate for 36 hours. Strain the spiced rum into the rum bottle or a large jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 month. Shake the bottle before using.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.