Gale Gand's Rice Pudding with Strawberries
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 3/4 cup arborio rice (5 1/2 ounces)
- 3 cups milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, thickly sliced
- In a strainer, rinse the rice under cold water for 1 minute. Transfer to a large saucepan and add the milk and salt. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the saucepan, add the vanilla bean and bring to a simmer. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Transfer the rice pudding to a large bowl set in a larger bowl of ice water and stir until cool, about 5 minutes. Discard the vanilla bean. Spoon half of the strawberries into 6 glasses. Add the rice pudding, top with the remaining strawberries and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.