- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried-tomato paste (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon capers, preferably salt-packed, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, preferably aged (3 ounces)
- 1 pound fusilli
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large deep skillet. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sun-dried-tomato paste and capers, add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream and Gorgonzola and cook just until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fusilli in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/4 cup of the water. add the pasta to the sauce in the skillet and toss to coat; add some of the pasta cooking water to thin the sauce if needed. Stir in the grated cheese and the parsley. Mound the pasta on plates and serve with the extra grated cheese.
Sun-Dried-Tomato paste is available at specialty food shops and Italian markets. To make your own in a food processor, pulse 1 cup of drained, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes with 3 garlic cloves until finely chopped. With the machine on, slowly pour in 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil and process to a paste. Refrigerate the sun-dried-tomato paste for up to 1 month. Makes 1 Cup.
A Valpolicella with bright flavors will help cut through the richness of the Gorgonzola in this dish.