Fusilli with Shrimp and Grated Pressed Caviar
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Caviar is a classic complement to shrimp in a mushroom cream sauce.
More Fast Pasta Recipes
- 3/4 pound fusilli
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 pound white mushrooms, sliced 1/2 inch thick (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup light cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound large shrimpshelled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon pressed caviar (1 ounce), frozen
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli over high heat until al dente. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- In a large skillet, cook the shallot and mushrooms in the olive oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Add the wine and boil over high heat for 1 minute. Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Stir in the shrimp and chives and simmer over moderately high heat until the shrimp are just white throughout, about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and sauce to the fusilli and toss. Season lightly with salt and pepper; transfer to bowls. Coarsely shred the caviar over the pasta on a frozen box grater (this will prevent the caviar from sticking). Garnish with the cheese and serve.