- 1/3 pound bacon, slices cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 pound fusilli
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup 1-inch pieces fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large frying pan, cook the pieces of bacon until they are golden brown and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the pan and drain it on paper towels.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fusilli until done, about 13 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
Toss the pasta with the Parmesan until thoroughly combined. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta-cooking water, the bacon, butter, chives, salt, and pepper. Stir in more of the reserved pasta-cooking water if needed to make the dish moist. Serve topped with additional Parmesan.
To add a lively note to this delicious pasta, try a white wine that has a good, crisp acidity. A Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand would be perfect.