- 3/4 pound fusilli
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups packed baby spinach (4 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli until al dente, then drain.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Add the cooked fusilli to the skillet and toss over moderately low heat until coated with the leek sauce, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the chopped basil and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the fusilli into bowls and serve.
Luscious, aromatic Chardonnay from Italy's Friuli region.