- 1 pound long fusilli
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chervil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
How to make this recipe
Cook the fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, in a large stainless steel bowl, whisk the cream with the egg yolks. Stir in the chervil, chives, parsley and tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Heat the egg-yolk mixture to lukewarm by briefly setting the bowl on top of the boiling pasta water and whisking rapidly.
Drain the fusilli and add it to the bowl with the herb sauce; sprinkle with the cheese and toss to coat thoroughly. Serve immediately in warmed bowls.
The herbal notes in this dish are dominant, pointing directly to an herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc. Try one from Bordeaux or California.