- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple (1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup diced mango (1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup diced papaya (1/2 inch)
- 1 small starfruit, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Roast the bell pepper over a gas flame or under a broiler, turning often, until charred. Transfer to a paper bag and let steam for 5 minutes. Peel the charred skin and discard the core, ribs, and seeds. Finely chop the pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients except the cilantro in a medium bowl. Stir in the cilantro and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Make AheadThe salsa can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours.
Serve WithPork, Italian sausage, chicken, any meaty or firm white-fleshed fish, shrimp.