- 3/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups cold tap water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cachaça
- 1/2 cup finely diced apricot
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup finely diced peeled apple
- 4 fresh lychees—peeled, pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded mint leaves
- Zest of 1 lime
How to make this recipe
In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let soften for 5 minutes. Add the sugar. Stir over moderately high heat until the sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved; do not boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the cachaça. Transfer to a heatproof bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the jelly is set, at least 8 hours or overnight.
Gently fold in the fruit, mint and lime zest. Spoon into chilled glasses and serve.
Photo Photograph © Becky Lawton, excerpted from The Desserts of Jordi Roca