Fruit Soup with Champagne
- SERVINGS: 6
Any banana-berry juice from the supermarket works for this dessert.
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup strawberry-orange-banana juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch balls or dice
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 cups assorted berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries
- 1 pint lemon sorbet
- 3/4 cup Champagne
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- In a nonreactive medium saucepan, simmer the pineapple juice, strawberry juice, orange juice, lime juice, apple, and star anise over low heat until the apple is just tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled. Discard the star anise and stir in the berries. Divide the soup among 6 bowls. Add a scoop of lemon sorbet and about 2 tablespoons of Champagne to each bowl and garnish with the basil.
NotesOne Serving Calories 170 kcal, Protein 1 gm, Carbohydrate 38 gm, Cholesterol 0, Total Fat .3 gm, Saturated Fat 0.