- 2 tablespoons sugar
- One 3-inch strip of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grappa
- 3/4 pound strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered if large (2 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces raspberries (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 peaches, cut into thin wedges
- Blood orange sorbet, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small heatproof bowl, combine the sugar, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of boiling water and stir to dissolve the sugar. Let cool. Discard the zest; stir in the grappa.
In a bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, peaches and 1/4 cup of the grappa syrup; add more syrup to taste or reserve for another use. Let macerate for 15 minutes, then serve with sorbet.
The grappa syrup can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.