- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 3/4 cups rolled oats (12 ounces)
- 3 ounces finely grated unsweetened coconut (1 cup)
- 3 ounces raw cashews (1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces pecans (1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces shelled raw pistachios (1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces slivered almonds (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 10 ounces mixed dried fruit, such as cranberries, golden raisins, cherries and chopped apple slices (2 cups)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 275°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and bring to a simmer, stirring until the brown sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
In a very large bowl, toss the oats with the coconut, cashews, pecans, pistachios and almonds. Add the warm brown sugar mixture and stir to coat thoroughly. Spread the granola on the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, pour the orange juice over the dried fruit and let stand until plumped, about 1 hour.
Drain the dried fruit, pressing to extract the liquid; discard the liquid. Stir the fruit into the granola and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool completely; the granola will crisp as it cools.
The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Recrisp in a 275° oven for 15 minutes if necessary.
One serving 169 cal, 17 gm carb, 11 gm fat, 4.2 gm sat fat, 3 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.