© Tina Rupp
Fruit-and-Nut Energy Bars
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 dozen bars
- 1 cup kamut flakes
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup dried blueberries or currants
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the kamut, pecans, cashews, agave nectar, peanut butter, figs, flax seeds, canola oil and lemon zest until coarsely chopped. Add the blueberries and coconut and pulse just until incorporated.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and stir well. Form the mixture into 12 bars or rounds, 3/4 inch thick, and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 25 minutes, until the bars are browned around the edges. Let the bars cool completely on the baking sheet before serving.
Make AheadThe fruit-and-nut bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.