Frozen Yellow Marys
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus 3 hr steeping and freezing
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 drinks
- 4 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 pounds yellow tomatoes, cored and halved
- 16 Thai basil leaves
- Yellow cherry tomatoes, halved, and basil flowers, for garnish
- In a jar, cover the jalapeños with the vodka. Let stand for 3 hours, then strain.
- In a food processor, puree the tomatoes. Pass the puree through a fine sieve into a large measuring cup; you should have 2 cups of juice. Pour it into ice cube trays and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- In a blender, combine the jalapeño vodka, tomato ice cubes and basil. Blend until smooth and season with salt; if the drink is very thick, add a little water and blend again. Pour into rocks glasses, garnish with cherry tomato halves and basil flowers and serve.