- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 4 cups chopped honeydew melon, frozen
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white (blanco) tequila
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the basil leaves and blanch just until wilted, about 20 seconds. Pour into a blender and let cool slightly, then puree until smooth. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a blender, combine the frozen melon with the tequila, lime juice and 6 tablespoons of the basil puree; puree until smooth. Divide among chilled glasses and garnish with basil sprigs.
The sweet basil puree can be refrigerated overnight.