Frittata with Fresh Herbs
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 slices of white bread, cut into 1/2-inch dice (3/4 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, simmer the garlic in the olive oil over moderate heat until soft and golden, 7 minutes; discard the garlic. In a pie plate, toss the diced bread with 1 tablespoon of garlic oil. Bake for 6 minutes, or until crisp. Leave the oven on.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the Parmesan, cream, chives and tarragon; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the garlic oil.
- In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining garlic oil until shimmering. Whisk the eggs again, then add to the skillet and cook without stirring for 1 minute, until just set around the edge. Using a rubber spatula, lift the edge and tilt the pan so the uncooked egg seeps underneath. Continue until the eggs are mostly set, 3 minutes. Spoon the ricotta in small dollops over the frittata; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the croutons. Bake for 4 minutes, until fluffy and set. Slide onto a large plate, cut into wedges and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.